I am giddy. Beyond giddy, actually. I finished the last of the squares needed for Eleanor’s Jewel Squares quilt. Looking at the stack of color is both exciting and daunting… did I really make ALL of those?!
Laying them out on the floor was like a really intense logic puzzle- even though there is a specific layout, mixing block types and colors was still a lot of work.
During this phase of the process, I learned a hard lesson: when you ask the guy at Office Max to enlarge some pattern pieces at 200%, be sure he actually does that. Otherwise you end up with four of the biggest squares in the wrong size. Grr. Double grr. Blast you Office Max.
After I figured out a layout that I was happy with, I had to do some heavy photographing. Using post it notes and baggies, I *think* it should be easy to piece back together. As I was doing this I thought, “Boy, a felt wall sure would be a smart move!”
I’ll be back with more progress later!