A Cozy Kind of Day

December 8, 2009

Just in time for the first  big snow of the year, I have a quilt ready for binding! The weatherman is calling for a decent amount of snow and nothing beats sitting under a quilt that you are binding and watching the snow fall outside your window. To top it off, I don’t even have to go to the grocery store where all of the “we must stock up for the winter” types shop on a day like this.

Angela, who is the genius behind the quilting on this, did an awesome job. (hi, Angela!!) Here are a few glimpses until I am ready to show you the whole thing. The binding has been sewn to the front- laying flat, of course, thanks to my binding tool!- and is ready for some hand sewing. Here is a peek:

This is the quilt that was made for Eleanor’s ‘big girl’ room. It coordinates so well with her new room. I’ll show some photos later, since there are several features in the room made from this same Heather Bailey fabric- a crib skirt, some curtains and a banner with her name. The quilt will be the centerpiece of the room, since she’ll be moving into a real bed sometime in the future. I selected the fabrics and decided how it should be designed. However, my wonderful mother gets the credit for piecing it together for me. I was swamped with other projects and getting ready for Graham’s arrival and she graciously said she’d put it together for me. Aren’t moms the best?

If it’s snowing where you are, I hope you get to skip the grocery store trip, too!

1. December 8, 2009 2:45 pm

That quilt looks amazing. I can’t wait to see pics of the whole thing. And you’re right the quilting looks fabulous as well.

2. Angela permalink
    December 8, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks for the shout-out! It definitely is a good night to cozy up to a quilt.

3. Sarah permalink
    December 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Wow that quilt is really pretty. I love the colors. I can’t wait to see the whole thing!

4. December 20, 2009 9:36 pm

How gorgeous! The quilting really sets it off. I am lucky enough to have a quilt-finishing mom, too–they’re the best!

5. December 25, 2009 4:32 pm

i can’t wait to see the whole thing! we’ve got 10 inches of snow so far and it’s still snowing here. beautiful, but we’re stuck for sure.

6. Sheri permalink
    January 13, 2010 9:07 am

I just found your site and bookmarked it. I cannot wait to see the whole room. My daughter gets her room redone this year into a big girl room and she picked Heather Bailey’s pop garden for her room too. I would love love love to see a room already done in that theme. Thanks!

• emptybobbins permalink*
      January 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi, Sheri! I am hoping to get photos of the finished quilt and some pics from her room posted by tomorrow- possibly even today. I hope they help! It’s such cute fabric and doesn’t look to babyish or pink-gone-wild. :)

-Shea