Oh, the nesting.
We are days away from greeting this new baby. By Christmas? Or after? Boy? Girl? Your guess is as good as ours!
What I do know, however, is that some women ‘nest’ before a new baby by organizing. Me? Apparently, I sew.
I haven’t disappeared. I’ve just been busy focusing on family, prepping for a new person to join us and doing a ton of sewing for the people I love.
In the last few weeks, I’ve made:
- eight ruffled wristlet key fobs from Alex’s awesome tutorial (these were our preschool teacher gifts!)
- two patchwork Christmas pillows (created ultra fast, using the method Elizabeth outlines here)
- six pairs of Quick Change Trousers (from the All Set pattern) for Christmas PJs for our kids and nieces and nephew. They are SO adorable on the kids!
- one Fairy Tale dress for my daughter’s Christmas dress. I’ll do a full post about this soon. I LOVE how it came together.
- two baby quilts, including one that uses my four blocks from the October Denyse Schmidt workshop here in Kansas City,
And this bright and cheery one for the baby’s room. I am crazy for the quilt and love how it turned out! It’s from Allison’s popular raw edge circle quilt tutorial. I cannot wait to take a million photos of the new baby on it!
And that doesn’t even include the sewing I did in October. Two flower girl dresses for my nieces:
(Just in case someone should ask… I modified the neckline of style D on Simplicity 3943 to fit the style that the bride wanted. There are four layers of tulle on top of the satin skirt. The black sashes/bows came from David’s Bridal and the black flowers were clip-ons that my sister-in-law found at JoAnn.)
And a Jump Rope Dress for Eleanor to wear at Thanksgiving:
After all that, I’d planned to make myself a Weekender Bag. It’s a pattern I’ve been staring at for years now. I got most of the outside panels finished, and then…. my machine gave in and totally froze up. It’s in for repair. Sewing blitz over. Oh, well!
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go organize a closet or drawer or something until this baby gets here!