Coming Soon: School of Sewing!

February 27, 2014

School of Sewing, learn to sew, beginner sewing book

Big news to share today! My first book, School of Sewing: Learn it. Teach it. Sew Together. will come out in September!

Published by Lucky Spool Media, it is a book for the true beginner or those looking to teach a true beginner. There is machine buying advice, the what and why of sewing supplies, a detailed troubleshooting section and it’s filled quotes from actual beginners and I think that is my favorite part. It includes the storyline of my group of eight students who have been learning over the course of the last year!

My greatest hope is that not only will beginners pick up this book, but also experienced sewists looking to teach a friend, neighbor or co-worker to love our craft. The book is designed to tackle one project a month with each building on the skills learned in the previous lesson. The projects are functional, gift-able, and (with the exception of one project) can be made in one class!

This book is packed with info and is beautifully photographed by the ever so talented Lauren Hunt. It’s sophisticated and crazy informative and I can’t wait to show and share more!

—–

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 2.47.34 PM

I feel like celebrating! So let’s do just that. Now thru March 9th, all PDF patterns are 20% off in the shop with the code CELEBRATE.

And, start thinking about whom you want to teach come September! Have I got the resource for you!

1. February 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Yay!!! It’s been so SO much fun working with you on this book. I’m in love with every single thing about it! Congrats!

2. February 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment. So happy for you and your business. Can’t wait to see this succeed as well! Hope all is well.

3. February 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Shea, you are welcome to come and teach at my shop! Congrats on your new book :)

4. February 27, 2014 7:54 pm

SO happy for you. What a great book idea.

5. February 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Congratulations! So so exciting!

6. February 28, 2014 4:55 pm

And I just pre-ordered my copy! :-)

7. March 2, 2014 6:18 am

This is really awesome! I pre-ordered my copy last night.

8. April 10, 2014 4:38 am

I don’t even know the way I ended up right here, however I assumed
    this publish was once great. I do not know who you might be however
    certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you are not already.

Cheers!

my web blog – wedding bands – Tilly,

9. May 28, 2014 1:24 pm

I am so ridiculously excited for this book. So nice to meet you at Quilt Market!

Trackbacks